Online Free School Meals Application Process
Lincolnshire County Council have introduced an online free school meal application service for parents and guardians with an easy to use Parent Portal.
Please register by using the link below:
Free school meals are available for those in receipt of one of the following:
- Universal Credit (providing you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (providing you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
From 1 April 2018, all existing free school meals pupils will continue to receive meals whilst Universal Credit is rolled out, this is called the Transition Protection. This will apply even if parents' earnings rise above the new threshold during that time.
In addition, any child gaining eligibility for free school meals after 1 April 2018 will be protected against losing free school meals during the Universal Credit rollout period. The Universal Credit rollout is currently expected to complete in March 2022.
Guidance for using the portal can be found by clicking on the link below:
|Online Free School Meals Application Process Guidance for Parents and Guardians||[pdf 112KB]|